Friday, May 30, 2008

The Clam... Before the Storm

By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV

Before you spelling Nazis get on my case, I intended to use the word clam instead of Calm.

In less than an hour I begin covering my fourth WSOP. I'm excited a tad, but for the most part, I'm looking forward to the last day. I wish I could just fast forward through time.

I ate all you can eat BBQ yesterday during a catered staff meeting for Poker News. I got to meet new staff members and catch up with old friends like Mean Gene, BJ, and F Train. Poker News is a global corporation and they have a lot of international workers which I befriended such as the Brits (Snoopy & Jen), the Aussie (Slippers, Tom, and Tassie Devil) and even Felipe, the crazy Portuguese guy who takes photos with Flipchip. Good folks. They love America since it's so fuckin' cheap these days.

I'm starting to get used to living in the big house that we nicknamed Scheckytown. The pool is key and the pool guy came early this morning and scared the shit out of me while I was smoking and writing poolside. He snuck up on me.

My housemates included Schecky, JenLeo, Nicky, and Kristy who's a poker pro. She recently won the WPT Ladies Night. I had not seen her since Australia in January. She's tons of fun and picked up a shitload of healthy snacks from Whole Foods. We hung out and watched the latest episode of Top Chef. I'm totally addicted to that show and I'm bummed that I'll miss the final few episodes because of work. Thank god we have a TiVo.

Oh, I almost forgot, it's Jen Leo's birthday today. Happy birthday!!

In the last couple of summers, Tao of Pauly suffered since I focused on Tao of Poker and the WSOP. I'll do my best to write something here everyday. Drivel is drivel, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment