Sunday, June 08, 2008

Ivey Likes the Lakers and So Do I

By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV

On Sunday morning, I met Benjo at Red Rock and we went on a hike in Red Rock Canyon. I took him down to the actual Red Rocks. I like touching the rocks because I always write better afterwards. When I got home, I discovered that the house was empty. I stayed at home to write in peace and quiet. I cranked out a few thousand words in a couple of hours and eventually made my way to the Rio.

Ten days into work and I finally realized that I write better at home. There are too many distractions at the Rio. Too many people I know. Too many people interrupting the flow of me writing. Too many people needing attention. I prefer late nights after 2am because the press box thins down and I can get work done.

I decided that it's useless for me to come in before 2pm. The place is too crowded at noon for the start of those events. Over the next week, I'm going to write more at home in the mornings - which means trying to go to sleep before 6am.

Anyway, I went to Red Rock twice this week. It's an amazing place which I never get bored of. I bought a yearly season pass for $20. Park fees usually cost $5 so if I go four times it is already worth it.

At one point, there were five cars for the five people living in Scheckytown. We can't park in the garage or in the driveway since we're always coming and going at odd hours. We have to park at the end of the cul de sac which is like 20 feet from the house. No big deal. Well, I left this morning before a cop came through and ticketed everyone's car. Nicky was wicked pissed that she had to pay $75 for her parking fine.

I watched the Yankees a couple of times this week. I love Giambi's stash. He's hit some big homeruns over the last few days. The Yanks still suck and are barely above .500.

Phil Ivey is regarded as one of the best poker players of all time. They call him the Tiger Woods of Poker because he looks like Tiger Woods and he dominates the game. He's a huge gambler... sports betting, baccarat, craps, prop bets, and prop bets on golf. Ivey has a $2 million bet that the the Lakers will win the NBA Championship. Holly shit... and I thought a couple of hundred to bet on a game was a lot.

I bet the Lakers for game 2. They game is about to start...

I also bet Germany to win the European Championships (soccer). I also bet a few opening round games. I won my first bet when Portugal won.

Nicky had Saturday off so we got to have breakfast together. Before she fell asleep the night before, the last thing she said was "pancakes." So when we both woke up, we had a sudden urge to eat pancakes! We headed to the Original House of Pancakes (OHOP) where I crushed a half-stack of chocolate chip pancakes, a plate of crispy bacon, and an order of German hash browns with melted cheddar cheese. Oh and I drank enough Iced Tea that I was pissing all day long.

Falstaff bought us dinner on Saturday night. Nicky and I went with Falstaff and CK to Ferraro's, which is one of my favorite Italian joints in Las Vegas. I went with the gnocchi, which was made from scratch. It melted in my mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment