Friday, June 06, 2008

Slumber

By Pauly
Las Vegas. NV

I slept for over six hours last night.

I know. I know. That happens only once a month if I'm lucky. After a 100+ work week of work in Las Vegas, I was pretty damn tired. I also popped a Xannie which helped keep me asleep. I could have slept more. Nicky woke me up which never happens. She said that it was 1:20pm. I thought she was lying. I would have bought 11:20, but man, I was shocked when I checked my phone and it indeed said it was 1:20pm.

I can only do that once every two weeks, maybe once every ten days. I'm afraid that I'll become too reliant upon Xannies to sleep and then I'll have to pop a fistful just to take a nap.

I wish I could get six hours of sleep every night. I ave been getting about three or so this past week, which is definitely more than last year. However, my commute is an extra 40+ minutes per day so a portion of my extra sleep gets wasted in the commute.

My eating habits are awful. I eat at odd times. Sometimes my first meal doesn't come until later afternoon. I'm eating dinner at 10pm even as late as Midnight. I ate crappy Pizza Hut pan pizzas three times. They cost $6.50 and aren't as filling as a regular NYC slice. The way things work - food is consumed when I can and I'll eat what is available. The lettuce in some of the salads look bunk and it's hard enough for me eat healthy looking greens let along yellow versions.

I have been crashing around 6am. That's been my cutoff. I always try to crash before then (with last night as the only exception). There were a couple of day when I crashed early but I was up by 6am. Regardless, I'm usually the only one roaming around Scheckytown at that hour.

I finally watched the recent episode of Top Chef. They went down to Puerto Rico. I have been to San Juan in almost fifteen years. Wow, so Richard cooked up ribs with malt liquor and dazzled the judges. I'm a little bummed that Antonia lost to the dyke... who Mean Gene described as a cockroach who won't die. It's down to the final three and I'm still hooked on the show.

Anyway, I have been writing a ton of content on Tao of Poker, in addition to LasVegasVegas and a couple of articles at Poker News.

You can always follow me on Twitter.

Nicky has been posting about her Las Vegas experiences over at Pot Committed.

Stay tuned for links to a new project called Tao of Pokerati....

No comments:

Post a Comment