Wednesday, June 25, 2008

When the Otis Comes to Town

By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV

Otis arrived yesterday. He'll only be here for 3 weeks instead of seven which means only a half of him will die this summer. Otis is like me in the regard that we both get our asses kicked by working in Las Vegas over the last four summers. It takes us many months to recover and when we're finally back to normal it's time to head back to Vegas.

Anyway, here's here and that lifts my spirits. Several other friends have arrived recently which is always good. I actually have time to hang out.

I went to the doctor yesterday. Sketchy scene. I'll write that up in a Truckin' story some day.

I also drove for the first time since the accident. It was more stressful than I made it out to be. I definitely was driving super slow, like the 85 year old version of myself. All of that will subside soon.

Nicky's birthday is soon. She had yesterday off so we headed out to a nice dinner at Ruth Chris with Schecky and JenLeo. We met a few friends afterwards for drinks. The Gold Coast had $2 Heineken's and afterwards we did some $1 bowling. Fun times, except that I didn't drink since I was designated driver. I don't think I've ever bowled sober.

I caught the Germany/Turkey soccer match. I sipped a pint of Stella and watched the game at McFadden's. Plenty of tech issues with the feed. I had bet on Germany to win it all and I wasn't thrilled with the 1-1 score at halftime. But, the Germans prevailed and advanced to the finals.

I woke up early to write then Schecky and I headed to Blueberry Hill for breakfast. I went to work early and cranked out a couple of crappy columns before I prepped for the big tournament. $50,000 to buy into today's event. That's more than the average American makes in a year and 150+ pros will be putting that into play.

Today in the pres box I'm sitting in between Otis and Maridu. She's a writer/poker player/blogger from Brazil and totally crazy in a good way. Fun times.

No comments:

Post a Comment