Monday, July 14, 2008


By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV

The co-worker who ave me the bird flu is among the final 27 players left in the WSOP. Yikes! Tiffany Michelle is the last woman left. For the last few days I wanted to die while she was playing the best poker of her life. First place is $9 million. Unreal.

It's almost 4am and I still have some more writing to do. Monday will be my last day of work. I'm trying not to get too emotional about it, but in reality, Monday can be the last time that I ever cover the World Series of Poker.

With my interest in poker waning, and the rumblings of a Phish reunion next summer, it seems very obvious to me that this might be it. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

Anyway, I'm sitting pool side and I can hear the crickets. Two of them. And the laptop is running out of juice so I gotta go inside.

One more day of work and then I'm done with this seven week assignment. I go to Colorado this weekend and Friday would not come sooner.

No comments:

Post a Comment