Friday, October 24, 2008

All Work and No Play....

By Pauly
New York City

I was going to wake up today and do the finger dance of the laptop keys and write and work and pretty much be a slave to the machines and the websites and all of the personal projects. During a walk through the neighborhood to grab a bagel (only a few moments ago), I was bombarded with a sensation, more of a commanding thought that I should not lock myself inside working away at the grind. Instead, I should roam aimlessly through the city, perhaps take a few pictures, pop into a bookstore to read a chapter or two of random books, perhaps wander through Central Park and head over to a museum and be whisked away in inspiration.

Alas, my primary objective for the day changed. Instead of diligent work, it's gonna be all play. After all, it's Friday...

No comments:

Post a Comment