Sunday, April 26, 2009

The Great Pig Panic of 2009

By Pauly
Hollyweird, CA

AP Photo/Alexandre Meneghini

I really don't know what to make of this Swine Flu stuff. Is it a blip on the radar? Or a tropical depression gearing up into a monster hurricane?

The cynic and skeptic in me thinks it's just a load of bullshit and just another one of many distractions to keep everyone's focus off of the real problems. The businessman in me thinks it's a well concocted media-backed pump-and-dump stock scam to juice up the prices of sluggish pharmaceutical stocks. The conspiracy theorist in me is smart enough not to spout off my honest thoughts about depopulation in a blog. Actually, I'm saving those thoughts for a new project that I'm launching with the Human Head... Tao of Conspiracy.

One thing is for sure... I'm not going to be paying much attention to the alphabet news networks. I encourage you to do the same. Do your own research. I know it's not going to be easy and instant which you are used to. But cultivate your news like it is food.

Here's an example. Everyone knows that the meals you cook at home are often cheaper and healthier for you. But why do we shovel shit like fast food and other processed foods into our system? Out of laziness.

So... cook your own news. Rather, don't automatically go to one of those fast food-oriented news outlets for a combo special.

For the Great Pig Panic of 2009, I'm going to rely on bloggers and Twitter to get the straight dope from people on the ground who are there... on the streets of Mexico City... instead of relying upon what a talking head in a studio in Atlanta is regurgitating which may or may not be force fed propaganda.

One Mexican blogger I started following had a few interesting things to say...
We got a number of taxis during the day, none of the drivers of which reported seeing anything out of the ordinary other than the eerie quiet I mentioned earlier. The theory of one of our drivers was that Mexico’s working classes pay such little attention to health scares and government-issued orders that it is only the dramatic kind of measures being taken by the Government now that spur them into action and taking precautions... More
In any case, I hope this all blows over, but just in case things get too freaky, I'm gonna be keeping my eyes on the local Mexico City bloggers to get the real skinny on the Great Pig Panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment