Friday, April 24, 2009

Radio Free Pauly: The Poker Beat

By Pauly
Hollyweird, CA

On Thursday, I drove down to an area near LAX to a studio in order to record an episode of The Poker Beat over at Poker Road Radio. I my first appearance as a guest on The Poker Beat, co-hosted by Scott Huff and John 'Schecky' Caldwell. The show featured journalists in the poker industry.... so of like Poker Road's version of ESPN's The Sports Reporters.

I was fortunate to be included in this week's discussions of the industry top stories including the WPT Championships and Annie Duke on the reality show Celebrity Apprentice. They also dedicated the last segment of the show to tribute Justin Shronk.

I spoke a little bit about my assignment at the LAPT Argentina to kick off the show. Michalski and I also discussed Annie Duke's blowjob and the fact that Joan Rivers went nuts and compared Annie to Hitler. I got a couple of good Joan Rivers/Hitler jokes in.

For the Shronk tribute, I told a funny story that happened to us on assignment in Monte Carlo two years ago.

Despite some nerves, I ad a ton of fun especially since I got to collaborate with one of my good buddies Schecky. It looks like they will have me back for future shows.

Click here to listen to this week's episode of The Poker Beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment