Wednesday, July 15, 2009

One More Day...

By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV

This is my last day of the WSOP. In previous years, this day lasts into the next day. I arrived at work around 11:30am and do not expect to leave until a few hours past sunrise. I'm prepped for the long haul. I have Clif bars and some generic vicodin.

A friend of a friend is going very deep. I'm supposed to be impartial as a member of the media, but poker media is not real media, so I can root for Ludovic Lacay. He dropped out of law school to play poker for a living. The Frenchman from Toulouse is also good friends with Benjo.

And of course, there's a guy named Phil Ivey. They call him the Tiger Woods of golf because he's a black guy who looks like Tiger. But you know what? He's equally good at what he does. Ivey has already won two bracelets this year and he's looking to advance to the November Nine.

I'm done with Las Vegas. Nicky can't wait to get back to the slums of Beverly Hills and sleep in our bed. I never long for L.A. more than when I spend ungodly amounts of time in Las Vegas.

The end if near. Follow along with the last day of the WSOP over at Tao of Poker.

No comments:

Post a Comment