Friday, October 30, 2009

Before the Invasion

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

There's a ski bum from Wyoming snoring on my couch. Two other people are passed out on the floor. A Frenchman is sleeping on my office. Of course, I can't sleep. Anxious. I'm a kid who can't sleep on Christmas Eve.

Our apartment was the staging area for a desert invasion. We have a caravan of three vehicles that will sneak out of L.A. before sun up and make our trek towards Palm Springs. It's not quite the U.S. Marines marching towards Mesopotamia, but we have 10 individuals who have made many sacrifices to block off tree days and nights to let loose for Halloween.

In the last nine hours, I made two trips to LAX and one visit to In & Out Burger.

I bought six bags of ice and three lighters from 7/11.

I also made so many margaritas that my lapop keys smell like limes. Strawberry Shortcake likes hers with cherries in them.

The Joker carved a pumpkin. Nicky whipped up a batch of chili. Brospeh went to buy a bottle of Jameson in the Hood. We are cupcakes from Sprinkles in Beverly Hills.

DiscoSis1 bought over $100 worth of groceries for 3 days of camping. BTreotch only got 3 bottles of Gatorade and a bag of beef jerky.

I had two different friends give me full bottles of Vicodin. Generic, of course. One bottle I will stash here, the other I'll take and try to trade up or down, depending on how you look at it. I haven't even left for Festival 8 and I already scored some Aderrall.

The Yankees won. The Rooster and his lady friend stopped by to watch 4 innings. As soon as the Rooster left, Matsui hit a home run. The Yankees eventually won and I dunno if I'll be able to see the next two games because I'll be camping out.

Sleep. That's where I'm a Viking.

No comments:

Post a Comment