Friday, November 06, 2009

The Return to Las Vegas

By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV

I have a love/hate relationship with Las Vegas. I wrote a bit about it today on Tao of Poker in a post titled Conceptual Alienation. It's a worthy read and have very little to do with poker.

I'm in Las Vegas for work and covering the conclusion of the World Series of Poker Main Event. The halted the final table until November in an attempt to boost ratings on ESPN. The final table will air on Tuesday night and the taping will take place in two segments; Saturday and Monday. The final table begins on Saturday at Noon local time. When action is down to two players, the tournament will be paused and the heads-up action will resume on Monday night at 10pm.

You can get updates on the WSOP from me via two ways: Tao of Poker and Twitter.

I'll be providing updates on the final table via my Twitter feed (@taopauly). If you loathe poker and follow me on Twitter, here is your warning... it's gonna be heavy poker content starting Saturday and ending on Tuesday sometime.

And of course, since 2005, the Tao of Poker has been the place to get the straight dope and behind the scenes action of the final table of the Main Event. I'll be in position starting at noon on Saturday.

This is my last huge work assignment for 2010 then I'm taking the rest of the year off. No more traveling for work. And yet, I'll be on the road for the majority of 2009. I'm heading to Costa Rica in a few weeks for a vacation and more of a working/holiday but I'm not specifically going to cover a tournament. I'm thrilled that there will be no more work travel for the rest of 2009. Every place that I go will be for my own personal amusement (e.g. the Holidays in NYC and Phish fall tour & New Year's Run).

That's it for now. Back to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment