Saturday, December 19, 2009

You Tube Recommendations: King of Kong and Phantom Menace Review

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

In Costa Rica, Otis suggested that I see a documentary about the two top Donkey Kong players. That game was the centerpiece of my youth, so I was intrigued. Turned out to be a compelling tale of fame, competition, heartbreak, and geekdom to the nth degree. I thought my fellow poker bloggers were a bit nerdy until I saw this film. Those gamers make my friends look like rock stars.

Check out King of Kong via You Tube...

Mean Gene suggested a hysterical video about a guy who reviewed the first Star Wars movie. Essentially, the narration was telling you specific reasons why the film sucked donkey balls and how George Lucas ruined all of the prequels. "Nothing in the Phantom Menace makes any sense. It comes off like a script written by an 8-year old," is just some of the gems you will hear. Our hero reviewer knows his film 101 and scatters dead hooker jokes through his deconstruction of the Phantom Menace. If you're a Star Wars fan, this seven-part series on You Tube is a must see...

No comments:

Post a Comment