Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why People Suck, Vol. 218

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

Read the comment thread on this YouTube video that I posted the other day. In total, 130 comments and I had to delete a bunch. Some are hysterical while others are simply sad.

The internet brings out the worst in humanity; the viciousness that is bred because of the anonymity of the web. It also shines a light on self-centered assclowns, many of whom (both Phisheads and non-heads) decided to chime in on the comments.

Here's the thing... I posted the video (actually me filming the TV) specifically for a buddy of mine in Antarctica. No joke. The video was for BTreotch who didn't get to see Phish covering Genesis No Reply At All during the 2010 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame ceremony. When I woke up the morning after, only one other video (of the first of two Genesis songs that Phish played) was available on YouTube. So I took it upon myself to do a quick recording before I began my day and went to work.

I uploaded the video and then posted it on Coventry Music blog and our Twitter feed. I figured that a couple of things would happen by lunch time...
1. A better HD quality copy of the video would surface and I could kill mine.

2. The YouTube Police would get a call from some media conglomerate and shut the video down.
But, neither happened. In fact, no one else uploaded any videos which meat that my video racked up almost 10,000 views within the first 24 hours and another 5,000 in the last 24 hours. Talk about viral!

Alas, it seems every hardcore Genesis fan in the world weighed in on the video of Phish's lukewarm performance. Plenty of Phish haters joined in on the dogpile on and a horde of defensive and brainwashed Phisheads who see that their heroes can do no wrong quickly rushed to their defense.

I only took umbrage to a few comments, specifically ungrateful morons who complained that I ruined the recording because I was toking during the taping. Ha. Of course I was. What part of wake-n-bake don't they understand? Plus, this was supposed to be a video for one person -- and they happened to get lucky and stumble upon something of interest. Maybe there are a lot of sullen souls who are envious of potheads?

Seriously, I ruined the video by pulling tubes? Tough shit. Get a life. Go upload your own. Leave me the fuck alone.

I should take down the video just to fuck with the ingrates. But before that happens, read all of the comments and reactions from the angry, bitter, and socially maladjusted twats who troll YouTube.

View the video and read the comments here.

Yep, more proof that people suck.

4 comments:

  1. Johnny Hughes9:37 AM

    Coming soon. Lost Vegas on YouTube, pod casts, radio intrerviews are available, all blogger web sites, Amazon tags.. a biggie. What are your tags? Poker, Strippers, Las Vegas, Marijuana? The reviews all glow, so critically-acclaimed is already an adjective to use. I only wish a copy of the cover of Lost Vegas was on this YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DisocSis110:01 AM

    oh man!  I freaking LOVED that video!  mainly b/c of the sound effects in the background.  I sent it to DS2 and she asked me if I thought you would make a audio recording of you puffing so she could put you on stereo and puff with you every morning.  I about died when I heard that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DS2 rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:36 PM

    People do suck, it's true.  In fact, it often takes a conscious effort not to gather further evidence of such. 

    Incidentally, I approve of the non-hyphenated usage of "assclown" here as acceptable usage.  8-)

    ReplyDelete