Monday, June 28, 2010

Almost There...

By Pauly
Las Vegas, NV

Big announcement coming in the next 24 hours.

I can't wait, because I've been stressed so much the last week that I've been having massive headaches and chest pains. At one point, I thought I was having a heart attack. The last month has been unbearable, suffice to say due to all these delays and headaches with my book. Oh, and that is compounded with the usual stresses of moving to Las Vegas and covering the circus that is the WSOP.

Plus there seemed to be more drama this summer and a lot more of my peers utterly miserable. With the Poker Shrink no longer in poker, the role of poker media psychiatrist fell upon my shoulders. On an average day, I must have seen at least five or six friends who simply unload all of their strife and worries onto me. I quietly listen. There is no solution for them other than to stay positive, keep working hard, and remembering to have pride in your work.

Alas, problems arose when all of my internal issues started to back up without venting about them. Without the Shrink around, I had no one to talk to about some of those matters. Plus, I was also dealing with a lot of new problems (publishing woes, anxiety about my contract with the French publishing company). Sometimes my friends are the ones who set me straight and pull me out of a funk. But for the first time in a while, I was utterly lost without someone for me to chat to -- and I had so many problems brewing that I started to drown in my own misery.

On a good note, I survived.... barely. I'll have some good news to write about tomorrow, and the end of the week will find me back on the road again for a few Phish shows to close out the first leg of their summer tour.

I'm so done with Las Vegas in more ways than you will ever know.

No comments:

Post a Comment