Sunday, March 06, 2011


By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

One documentary film that I want my friends to watch is Collapse. Although it's not a horror film, it also happens to be one of the scariest films you'll see this year.

Here's the trailer...

Collapse consists of a series of interviews with Michael Ruppert, a former LA cop turned investigative journalist, who sits in a darkroom and chain smokes while delivering haunting mini-lectures about Peak Oil and the financial crisis (past, present and future).

I've seen almost 25 or so films about Peak Oil in the last 24 months and Collapse is probably the best of the best. Collapse also does an excellent job at explaining the complexity of the financial crisis and global meltdown of 2008. If you're not familiar with either topic, then Collapse is a perfect primer.

It's available on Netflix.

I guess this is sort of an obvious disclaimer, but I'll write it anyway... with any controversial subject, don't take any singular piece of information (or even a bundle of info) as an absolute truth. Keep digging and digging and digging until you get enough information to come to your own conclusions. Then dig some more and educate yourself further.

A couple of the side stories revealed by Michael Ruppert in Collapse led me down a few rabbit holes -- for the better -- because it's some of the information that I found in those holes that encouraged me to revise and re-formulate my current world view.


  1. This documentary is a pile of poop. Necessarily amateurish and not entertaining enough to hold my attention to make me irrationally interested and paranoid. Who are you shilling for.

  2. Typical response/reaction from a sheep. Perhaps I can speak your language better?

    Baaa. Baa. Baaa. Baa. Baaaa.