Sunday, March 24, 2013

Around the Horn: Quickie Music, Pies, Alarms, Girls, and March Madness Shit

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA


Barely have time to breath with a deluge of college basketball, but I wanted to point out a few things that popped up on the Tao of Pauly over the last week...
St. Puke's Day - Here is a little something about the evolution of St. Patrick's Day, from being a Catholic school boy watching the parade in downtown Manhattan, to party-hound beer-guzzling frat boy in Savannah Georgia, to a struggling bartender back in NYC.

Girls: Together Finally - I wrote about the season finale of Girls. I had fun writing about the series, but I'm glad it's on hiatus now. Check out my other dirty old man recaps: OCD, Its Back and Jizz.

Think Pieces, No Hats on the Bed, and Utah Get Me Two Whenever I see three certain films on cable, I'm compelled to sit down and watch it. What are those films? Almost Famous, Drugstore Cowboy, and Point Break.

Quickie Reviews of 8 Random Albums - Friends sent me some good music over the last few weeks and I wrote a little bit about albums by Jimi Hendrix, David Bowie, Thom Yorke, Flaming Lips, Foxygen, Alt-J, Alabama Shakes and MMW.

Why I Set My Alarm for 5:55 AM - This is a post that give you a glimpse into my daily routine this past week. I have been waking up before the dawn to prep for March Madness and gambling action on the March Madness college basketball tournament.

Crushing Pies and Grandma's Invading You Tube - I ate an entire pie inside of a 24-hour period and I spent more time then I'd like to admit watching random videos of old women sharing their favorite pie recipes.
It's now full-blown March Madness time. I wrote a ton of stuff for Ocelot Sports (@OcelotSports) this week...
March Madness Tips: Betting and Brackets
Thursday Dogs
Friday Dogs
Saturday 32 Preview and Smoking Hot Oregon Cheerleaders
Sunday 32 Preview and the Demonic Possession of Marshall Henderson
Over at Coventry Music...
Grisman and Garcia: So What - It was David Grisman's birthday this week and I posted a cover of Miles Davis' So What.
This week's writing music included...
Blowin' the Blues Away by Horace Silver
Rosalita by the BOSS

No comments:

Post a Comment