Sunday, March 10, 2013

Around the Horn: Seinfeld, Girls, Weed Cards, Writers, Beck, Lee Morgan, and Goodbye Mo Rivera

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

via Baggel Boy
Busy week across the board. In case you're just checking in, here's what you missed over the past week on Tao of Pauly...
Seinfeld, Coffee, and a Show About Nothing - I read a NY Times interview with Jerry Seinfeld which inspired a full post about the difficulties of interviewing celebrities and Seinfeld short web-based series called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee.

Girls: OCD, It's Back - I wrote a lewd recap of Girls from the standpoint of a dirty, middle-aged man.

Doctor THC - It was time to get a renewal on my medicinal marijuana card and there was a huge difference in seeing a doctor in West Hollywood versus San Francisco.

Pay the Fucking Writer - It's not easy being a freelance writer when it's impossible to get paid. Also, there's a video of a classic rant by Harlan Ellison.

Lee Morgan the Sidewinder - I have been on a huge Lee Morgan kick and I wrote a little bit about the tragic trumpet player.

Writers, Booze, and Drugs - If I had a chance to hang out with 16 of my literary heroes, what kind of drugs or booze would I do with them?

Beck's 'Loser' Turns 20 - Wow. I'm getting old. Beck's Loser is now 20? Are you kidding me?

We also had a very busy week over at Ocelot Sports (@OcelotSports). I participated in a round table about major league baseball win totals (with the gang at Ocelot) and wrote a little something about Mo Rivera...
Round Table: American League Win Totals

Round Table: National League Win Totals

Mariano Rivera and the Summer of 96 - The Yankees closer will be retiring at the end of the season and I shared my thoughts about the best season in his career which happened during the summer of 1996.

Over at Coventry Music (@CoventryMusic), I posted a few things...
Hoopsie Daisy: Snow Dancing - The Lovely Katie Sunshine getting down in the snow to some MGMT.

2001 Video: Kubrick and Soul Train - I couldn't sleep one night so I came up with a video featuring Phish's 2001 and clips from Kubrick's A Space Odyssey and Soul Train.

This week's writing music included...
Lush Life by John Coltrane
The Sixth Sense by Lee Morgan
The Cooker by Lee Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment