Saturday, April 20, 2013

Around the Horn: Windy Coltrane Choices, Twitter B-Days, and Clinton's Knee Jerk

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

 
Happy 4/20 Day. If you don't partake in the herbs, then let me clue you in... today is St. Patrick's Day for  potheads. To honor this festive days, I posted a couple of things...
Marijuana - Drugs, Inc. -- Over at Tao of Fear, I added the weed episode of my favorite docu-series by NatGeo.

Happy 4/20 Day with Snoop -- Over at Coventry Music, I added a classic Snoop Dogg song Gin and Juice that gives me instant flashbacks of smoking blunts in the mid-90s.

Okay, now that we got the holiday celebration stuff out of the way, it's time to recap the last week on Tao of Pauly...
Art and Copy Reprise -- It was a lazy week mostly because I was glued to the Boston police scanner every waking hour after the Boston bombing. On Monday night, I managed to turn everything off for a couple of hours and watch a documentary on advertising and the original "Mad Men" from the golden era of advertising in the  60s-70.

Wind Chimes, Wind Choices -- Life comes down to those moments when we get to stray away from the path of comfort and normalcy.

Bill Clinton and the Battle of Wounded Knee -- Did I ever tell you the story about how Bill Clinton blew out his knee when he fell down a flight of stairs at Greg Norman's house?

Twitter Birthdays and Media Obituaries -- I celebrated my 5th twitter birthday yet I'm worried about the future of post-modern "24/7 news now" journalism.

And the NBA regular season ended on Wednesday and the NBA playoffs started today. I wrote a little something about the postseason for Ocelot Sports. Oh, and I almost forgot... I'm writing a weekly report on the Yankees.
NBA Playoffs Preview: Heat-Thunder Reprise -- I'm anticipating a repeat of last year's NBA Finals between Miami and Oklahoma City.

Bronx Bums: 4/14 Report --The Yankees bounced back from a 1-4 start and went on a 5-1 mini-streak to get back on track with a 6-5 record, which is good enough for second place in the AL East.

This week's writing music included...
The Last Trane by John Coltrane
The Bremen Concert by Charlie Mingus and Eric Dolphy

No comments:

Post a Comment