Saturday, May 18, 2013

Around the Horn: Worlds Colliding, Greenberg, and Gen-X Radio

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

Painting by Shannon Finley

It was a long week for me. I started a new work project and was bogged down with a ton of other stuff. I managed to crank out a couple of decent things about the radio and Greenberg. Here's what you missed...
Cutting Room Floor - I will be appearing in a documentary about the poker boom called Bet Fold Raise, however, one of my scenes was cut. Check it out.

Late Night With My Pickled Brain - Here is some more late-night disjointed poetry. I offered it up to musician friends as potential lyrics.

No Soap Radio - As a child of the 1970s, I grew up listening to the radio. That experience shaped my entire life and became a solid foundation for my passion about music.

Whiskey and Ice Cream - I have an affinity for Noah Baumbach films, particularly Greenberg, because he's a grumpy New Yorker who lives in L.A., but doesn't drive.

High on the Job - What would you do if you're a marijuana reporter and eat too many pot brownies? This is a funny animation.

Here's my most recent columns for Bluff Magazine...
Donking Off Penny Lane, Eagle Poker, and Life in the Fast Lane - My two worlds collide -- music and poker. I wrote about the poker scene from Almost Famous and the origins of the Eagles' song Life in the fast Lane.

Dr. Jerry and Mr. Lucky - I wrote about the death of Jerry Buss. The Lakers' owner was also a regular high-stakes poker player.

Don't forget about my weekly column for Ocelot Sports about the Yankees titled... The Bronx Bums Report.

2 comments:

  1. Dr. You hit it out of the park with both of your Bluff columns ... Good stuff

    ReplyDelete