Sunday, June 23, 2013

Around the Horn: Goodfellas, Bad Backs, Punk Art, and Hipsters Pissing Me Off Before Sunrise

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

Welcome back to the weekly dump of excrement. Consider this steaming pile a shit as a short cut to see how I wasted the last few days aside from your usual existential angst, navel gazing, and other matters of self-indulgent wankery.

This is an index of some of the thing I wrote here and a few pieces that I wrote elsewhere...
On Green Dolphin Shit [Fiction] - Yeah, I've been slacking in the fiction department. This is something inspired by a photograph someone tweet'd. It's about... photographs. I think.

Swimming in Books, Donnie Back Pain, and Foggy Benders - I threw out my back and it's been a long month trying to adjust to new writing routines and lots of bed rest, something I don't enjoy but have made the best of it by reading books and more books and more books.

Apple TV: More Cult Hype Or the Future of Home Entertainment? - My girlfriend bough Apple TV. How will the addition affect our household? I've been using it nonstop to watch baseball games. But is it useful?

Tony Soprano Trapped in Time - James Gandolfini passed away in Italy. The actor who played Tony Soprano was in a tough spot. He did such a tremendous job bringing life to one character that it was impossible for anyone to imagine him as anything else.

The Ghosts of Stella D'oro - The death of Tony Soprano got me thinking about one of my favorite Italian restaurants that I ate at a lot when I was a kid.

Effective Communication at 5:55AM - I hate my fucking hipster neighbors when they let their down roam the alley at 6am and bark and piss and bark some more.

Naismith Highway: The Long Run - I tried to write about the relief of the end of the NBA season. It was a long 7.5 months. I explain why...

I posted a few things around the web...

- I contributed a guest post to Lawn Memo, a Phish-centric blog. They had a new creative project and I was able to help contribute a piece to their latest 33 for 33 project. I wrote about a Phish concert from San Francisco last summer.

- We created a new installment on Coventry Music titled Friday Night UNTZ if you're looking for something to play late nights around 2 or 3am at an after-party.

- After you've been partying and raging all weekend and you go into work on Monday morning all hagged out and dragging ass, then you should check out Monday Morning Key Bumps, which is some music that will get you'e booty shaking and help get your ass in gear. It's a musical version of a line of cocaine. Just a little something loud and or funky to help jump start your week. I hate Mondays and need all the extra help I can get.

- If you're into punk and know who Black Flag, then check out this mini-documentary about the Art of Punk and Black Flag's contributions to the L.A. punk scene in the late 70s and early 80s.

- For all you fear mongers, I posted a video of a recent episode of the Joe Rogan podcast featuring David Seaman discussing the latest NSA scandal.

- And don't forget about my weekly rants about the Yankees in the Bronx Bums Report for Ocelot Sports.

That's it. You know the drill. NGTFOOMO!

No comments:

Post a Comment