Sunday, July 14, 2013

Around the Horn: Concert Streams, Rock Hoods, $1B for Pac Rim, Sharknados, and Dylan

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

Here's what you missed over the last week:
Couch Tour, Webcasts, and Live Streams - I've embraced the ability to attended concerts without leaving my home. The technology is here to beam live streams of my favorite bands, so now I don't even have to get off the couch.

Rock-N-Roll Hood - I finished a book about the music scene from Laurel Canyon in the late 60s and early 70s. Lots of marijuana, acid, and blow.

New Yo La Tengo Animated Video - If I like the new Yo La Tengo video, does that make me a hipster? Who cares. It's a great video. Which makes me miss videos. What the fuck happened to MTV?

Giant Fucking Robots - Warner Brothers is printing money with their new film Pacific Rim. It will make a $1 billion... at least.

Sharknado, WTF?  - What was the buss all about? The hash tag #sharknado blew up on Twitter on Thursday night all because of a campy, D-rate, low budget horror film that involved Steve Sanders from 90210, Tara Reid, and a tornado of sharks invading L.A.!

Dylan the Song and Dance Man - This is the full interview that Bob Dylan conducted with the local media in December 1965 during a trip to San Francisco.

 Here's what I wrote on Coventry Music (mostly reviews of Phish shows from the last week)...
SPAC 7/7/13 Couch Tour Recap
PNC 7/10/13 Couch Tour Recap
Jones Beach 7/12/13 Couch Tour Recap
MPP 7/13/13 Couch Tour Recap
 And then there's my weekly column on the Yankees for Ocelot Sports called Bronx Bums Report.

No comments:

Post a Comment