Sunday, September 22, 2013

Around the Horn: Sci-Fi Seinfeld, Alley Sounds, Didion, Salinger, and Lethem on They Live

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA


Some of the things I cranked out here...
The Seinfeld Sci-Fi Tangent and Futuristic Grey Overalls - I wondered about something Seinfeld joked about -- what would we wear in the future -- would we all be wearing the same uniform like so many dystopian films suggested?

Salinger - I caught the new documentary on J.D. Salinger. I had mixed feelings about the film that took nine years to make.

Obey. Cosume. Watch TV. - I'm reading Jonathan Lethem's book about the John Carpenter's cult classic film They Live!

Alley Sounds: Persian Purse Dogs, Huts, and Bad Mothers - As someone who works from home, I have no choice but to deal with noisy neighbors.

The Right Now - My friend Rick's wife Maureen is courageously battling cancer and he's courageously writing about it.

Joan Didion Knows Her Shit - I wanted to share a must-read interview with the legendary writer, that originally appeared in the Paris Review under their Art of Fiction series when they talk to fiction writers about their craft.
Something I cranked out elsewhere...
NFL Week 3: Fading the Jets and Degen Tales of Ordinary Madness - I'm fading the Jets again, which I intend to do every week this season. [Ocelot Sports]
I listened to some inspiring music...
Saxophone Colossus by Sonny Rollins
Another Girl by Wild Belle
Giant Steps by John Coltrane
And this isn't something I did, however, I must point out an amazing Phish mix that my pal from Japan, Hal Masa, created for the crew over at Coventry Music. Check out Hal Masa's You Enjoy My Mix - Summer 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment