Sunday, March 23, 2014

JRE with Dr. Carl Hart and Amber Lyon

By Pauly
Los Angeles, CA

The Joker and I had a chat about the ebbs and flows of our favorite podcasts. Everything goes in ccyles, but this past week has been an amazing week for content across the board. It kinda sucks too because I was super busy with dual work assignment, my own podcast, and March Madness.

Luckily, I turn down the sound during broadcasts. I usually listen to music while hoops flickered on multiple screens, but I squeezed in a few podcasts here and there. Joe Rogan is tough because his shows runtime are anywhere from two to three hours. I typically break it up into thirty minute segments.

Here's Dr. Carl Hart, which he recorded the day after we taped our episode for Dope Stories...

And this one sort of came out of nowhere. I came across Amber Lyon's reporting when I lived in San Francisco. She's an Emmy-winning reporter who quit CNN because of some shady practices (the government of Bahrain paid off CNN to NOT air her documentary). Anyway, she spent the last few months on an inward journey. She went to South America to take ayahuasca with a medicine man...

No comments:

Post a Comment