Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Tiny Desk Concert: St. Paul and the Broken Bones

Los Angeles, CA

My namesake. Not really. I was actually named after Paul Newman. But St. Paul was a bad ass. Literally. He was a loanshark and sinner named Saul before he saw the light and converted to become a saint... St. Paul.

St. Paul and the Broken Bones were one of those bands that pops up every 16-18 months that seems like they came out of nowhere. I think it was late 2013 when they first popped up on my radar, but I was writing to them religiously in early 2014. St. Paul is part of the new southern blues revival with other soul-roots-oriented bands like Alabama Shakes. Who knew? Of all places... a mini scene is flourishing in the heart of Alabama.

St. Paul and the Broken Bones stopped by NPR to perform a tiny desk concert...

No comments:

Post a Comment