Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Widespread Panic at Planet Ho

I had a rare day off and went to go see Widespread Panic with Nicky, Spaceman, and Friedman. Panic played Colorado (including Red Rocks) two weekends ago and they were just coming off a series of shows in Southern California. It's always better to catch a band in the middle of a tour than at the start like we did at Langerado in March.

The Vegas show was solid. It was one of two I'll get to see on the summer tour. The other one is at Radio City Music Hall in a couple of weeks. Here's the setlist...
7.3.07, Planet Ho Theatre, Las Vegas, NV
Set 1: Lil Kin > Machine > Barstools, Big Wooly Mammoth > Cream Puff War, Smoking Factory, C Brown, Trouble > Space Wrangler

Set 2: Better Off, You Should Be Glad, Diner > Stop Breaking Down, Surprise Valley > Low Spark > Drums (with Carrot Top) > Surprise Valley > Jack, North

Encore: Nobody's Loss, Wonderin'
Highlights in a super short Set 1 included Big Whooly > Cream Puff War. They boys went old school with C Brown. Set 2's pace picked up and Surprise Valley > Low Spark was an intense 15 minute period. Jimmy Herring was the MVP of the night. And I gotta say that I love it when Panic covers Traffic songs. I don't get to see them play North too much these days, so I was happy.

I'm excited to see them in NYC in a few weeks...

No comments:

Post a Comment