Friday, September 10, 2004

Biscuits?

An ex-girlfriend of mine once said, "You can put your boots in the oven, but that don't make them biscuits." She was from central Texas and had all these pearls of Texas wisdom that had been passed along to her from previous generations. I usually had a hard time figuring out what she was talking about. I guess if I had been wandering around the streets of Austin, drunk and armed, I might have figured it all out.

Alas, one afternoon, while sitting at a poker table in Las Vegas, I reached a moment of clarity. I finally picked up on what the fuck she was talking about... albeit five years too late. OK, so it took me a half a decade, but at least I can say I had been pondering various topics of Texas Philosophy for the better part of the 21st Century.

And I'm not going to explain this one to you. Do your own homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment