Sunday, February 25, 2007

Oscar Night

I didn't think I'd get to watch them, but I'm working the late shift from 8pm to 4am so I might actually get to see most of it.

Here are my picks:
Best Picture: The Departed
Best Director: Martin Scorsese - The Departed
Best Actor: Forest Whitaker - Last King of Scotland
Best Actress: Helen Mirren - The Queen
Best Supporting Actor: Jackie Earle Haley - Little Children
Best Supporting Actress: Jennifer Hudson - Dreamgirls
I didn't see Little Children or Dreamgirls. But you have to go with Kelly Leak from the Bad News Bears over Eddie Murphy for best supporting actor. Nothing against Eddie, but I think that the Acadmey is still slightly biased and although having three black winners in major categories would be a major accomplishment, it's more than likely only two (Whitaker and Hudson) will.

I wish I had more time to write, but I'm pressed for time.

No comments:

Post a Comment