Monday, July 22, 2002

Buiness News... I was told upon arriving at work, that today will be one wild day and I should make sure I'm wearing a helmet, safety goggles and if necessary, a bulletproof vest. More to come. The Asian and European markets have been down since they opened earlier this morning. Even the chairman of the NYSE says Monday Will Be a Rough Day. I got a stern warning from one of the partners today: DO NOT LOSE ANY CLIENTS TODAY... IF YOU DO, YOU LOSE YOUR JOB!!! Gulp! Investors are starting to panic, have been doing so the last 2 weeks and I expect them to pull even more cash out of the stock market. Alas, if I can get through today, I'll have a job AND survived one of the toughest days on Wall Street in the last 50 years. I should have gone to medical school and been a doctor.

In other sad news, Worldcom Files for Bankruptcy WorldCom Inc. filed the largest U.S. bankruptcy last night after the long-distance telephone and data services company buckled under a $3.85 billion accounting scandal and a mountain of junk-rated debt.

No comments:

Post a Comment