Wednesday, November 13, 2002

I have decided that my daily blogs should include more food and bathroom updates. What do you think? I have been laying on the work stuff too thick with NaNoWriMo & PGL, so maybe it's time to dedicate more blogging to the kicthen and bathroom aspects of my daily life? I mean, who wants to read another one of my Iraq rants anyway?

I took six bathroom breaks at work, all of the urination variety. The colors in my urine varied throughout the day, but suffice to say, with all the water I drank today (and each day) the last trips to the head were clear in color.

My meals were spread out today, heavy in cheese and breads... not healthy, I know. Breakfast was green tea with a piece of Marble poundcake and crackers, followed by an English Muffin, heavily buttered, and a banana. I never had a Canadian Muffin or Mexican Muffin or Nigerian Muffin before. Yet the English seemed to have cornered the world in the Muffin market. Hmmmm..... Just a thought to ponder. For lunch I ate at my desk, ordered in a grilled cheese sandwhich and chips, with a ginger ale. For dinner, I chowed on a chili and cheese buritto, hold the lettuce and guacamole. My desert was a Monterey Jack cheese quesadilla. While at work, I ate no less than three pieces of chocolate and several handfuls of cashews, peanuts, jellybeans, and candy corn, all at some point today.

I ate more in the last 15 hours than several villiages in Africa and southern China ate all last week. Those words are a humbling reminder of the good fortune I have and the amount of food that I over eat. I am an overconsumer. I should be ashamed. Oh well, I think about my shame and utter disgrace while I'll drown my sorrows away with a slice of pizza on my way home, and a pint of Ben & Jerry's Junkie Monkey Garcia, to devour during the Midnight Munchies.

No comments:

Post a Comment