Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Payday

A couple of friends of mine cashed in recent WSOP events.

German pro Katja Thater made a final table of the Ladies event. Brandon Schaefer and Shirley Rosario just cashed in the same tournament.

If you are a poker pro, cashing in an event is important because most pros play 20-30 tournaments at the WSOP and with buy-in fees, travel fees, and accomodations, they are in the hole anywhere from 50K to 100K.

Nicky played in the Ladies event on Sunday and busted out before the dinner break. I have not played in any WSOP events this year, and hope to get into a tournament at the end of the month. I requested the day off and should be able to play unless I'm super exhausted and need to sleep in or I'm so swamped with work that I need to write.

I got off early last night (and by early I mean just before Midnight). I still logged close to an 11 hour day. I wish I could say that I went to bed early. I wrote and answered emails. I'm still behind with over 300 unread emails. I dunno if I'll ever catch up.

I have not seen the last episode of The Sopranos but from what everyone has been telling me they either loved it or hated it. Nicky downloaded the episode and we haven't had the chance to watch it. Perhaps tonight if we get off early (and by early I mean before 2 or 3am).

I'm totally sick of the food at the Rio. I've been trying to eat on the healthy side and avoid red meat. I've been eating fruit salads at least once a day. I'm avoiding coffee and Red Bull. Usually, my first meal of the day is some sort of omelete or scrambled eggs with wheat toast and hash browns. I had been eating bar food at the Tilted Kilt (either chicken sandwiches or chicken tenders with spicy ranch sauce) along with a few pints every night.

We have no food at home in the fridge aside from salsa and some chips which must be stale by now. I thought about going grocery shopping, but I don't have the time to cook and to clean up.

No comments:

Post a Comment