Friday, November 28, 2003

Tao of Poker vs. Tao of Pauly

Tao of Poker more famous than the Tao of Pauly!?!?!

One of my newest blogs is getting an insane amount of web traffic. The Tao of Poker is a blog for poker-related stuff, in addition to analyzing my poker play, tournaments, and multiple visits to Las Vegas, Foxwoods, and/or Atlantic City. Tao of Poker has grown in popularity over the last few months since its inception in August. As some of you know, high-stakes poker is sweeping the nation. It will be a matter of time before major poker events will be shown weekly on prime time TV.

Anyway, in the last month, more and more websites have linked up the Tao of Poker, which is the main reason for the heavy amount of hits. I am worried that the Tao of Poker will be visited more than the Tao of Pauly. The poker blog already gets more hits than Truckin'.... more people rather read poker exploits, than read fiction or travel stories... even though I'm a better writer than poker player!!

Most of the web traffic is international. This past week, Poker Portal, a British site just linked me up and of course Guinness  Poker (whom I think the webmaster, Ignatius, is either Irish or British... I could be wrong?) linked me up last month. At any rate, due to the new linkange... at least one Tao blog has reached a bigger audience.

I'm sad that Truckin' is not as popular as the rest of them. I put the most amount of man-hours into Truckin' as a showcase for short stories and hoped that would draw the majority of traffic. Oh well. Poker is in. Fiction and good writing is not.

In case you were wondering about my next poker adventure, I'll stop off at Foxwoods on my way home from the Phish concert in Boston next Tuesday night. Then I'll be flying out in Las Vegas in two weeks to play poker with my brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment