Friday, February 28, 2003

Just got back from a night out with Molly. We ate dinner with Boogie at the Reade Street Pub in TriBeCa, where I had to nearly fight off a group of fabulous patrons to get the last available table. There was one empty table, reserved from someone who had left and said they were coming back. I was irked. My situation was helped when I made a comment to the owner (I didn't know it was him... I was just talking out loud) that all I wanted was to come by for a beer and a cheeseburger. Within minutes, he gave us the table and seated us! The pints were moderately priced at $4. After our meal we walked over to No Moore Bar to see Charlie Hunter play with his quintet. The show was great. He's the shit. Charlie played two sets and the show ended just after Midnight. KK and Judd showed up, as well as a cameo from Ethan, and the night was highlighted by an unexpected, rare, out of the blue appearance from none other than Crunchy Dynamite!! I don't know his real name, but I gave him the nickname "Crunchy Dynamite" (CD) in the winter of 2001, during a ride from NYC to Philly. KK drove Boogie, Ethan, CD and myself as we ventured off to see Galactic at the Electric Factory. CD was tons of amusment for all of us. OK, back to the skinny on tonight... after the Charlie Hunter show we went drinking in the East Village for a late night cocktails. I think that we got the same cab driver twice. He drove us from North Moore Street to the East Village and almost 3 hours later, he picked us up on Second Avenue. Molly recognized his name from before. Very strange I think.Same cab driver? What are the odds? It's rare in NYC with so many cabs!

No comments:

Post a Comment