Monday, March 24, 2003

The Oscar Party...

Jen Flowers threw her annual Oscar's Party last night, and she decided to have it slightly more low key than in previous years. There was no red carpet this year at her party, and only a handful of paparazzi snapping photos and harassing the somewhat famous crowd. I took a date, Betty, and we had a good time, despite me losing Best Original Screenplay once again, but I drank a lot and ate more food that I should have. I figured out that every third woman at the party was named "Jen". I was shocked that Martin Scorcese got shut out for Best Director (although Roman Polanski is equalling deserving for his lifetime work).

Some of the more anxious moments came when Michael Moore won for Best Documentary Film and challenged President Bush and the Iraq War. When that happened, I could see the tension on the Oscar Party guests' faces. I couldn't help but think just how much the Democratic Party in America are a bunch of whiny losers with no balls, and very little vision. Maybe Michael Moore should run for President in 2004? The retarded leadership at the Democratic Party are the same group of people who scolded and chided Green Party members for voting for Ralph Nader in 2000 (which I proudly did) and to this date blame the Greens for ruining the election for Al Gore. Instead of passing the blame to the Green Party, they should take a good look at themselves, and their own outdated party leadership, especially after Al Gore bailed on them. This was the guy who was almost our President, and who would rather hang out with Phish, than run for President. That tells you something, folks, especially all you whining, hopeless Democratic leaders... I don't think any serious politicians voiced a sincere opposition to George Bush on this war. When you need celebrities to push forth your opinions, and you act like that, you shouldn't point fingers and pass the blame. That's why I'm not a member of the Democratic Party.

OK, I went off on a political rant there and I lost my train of thought... J. Lo!

J. Lo!

I could forget about her! Man, did you see her nipping out when she presented an award for ???. Of course I can't remember what Jennifer Lopez was talking about because I was fixated on her curves... but she looked hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment