Wednesday, April 09, 2003

8 hours?

Yes, it's true. I crashed at 11 PM EST and awoke just after 7 AM. I set my alarm at 7:01 AM so I can get up and finish writing a couple of Truckin' stories and finish working on getting back into my normal writing schedule (2 hours daily work on the novel and/or screenplay plus an hour of free write... this does not include writing e-mails and blogging). I dunno what happened, but I am super exhausted all of a sudden. I was able to function perfectly in Las Vegas on 2 plus hours of sleep daily. I think I got as much sleep last night than my entire week in Vegas.

The best part about returning to NYC was finding out that yes, I get the YES Network (all the Yankees games I can see for $2 a month!)... and discovering that TBS (the Superstation) airs 4 straight episodes of Dawson's Creek from 8 am to Noon EST... Monday thru Friday! I had been waiting for the day to come when the Creek made it's way into syndication. Four hours of Dawson and the gang. Daily. I'm pumped! Thanks TED TURNER! Didn't know you were such the fan.

OK, so instead of writing and reading the Wall Street Journal, I'm pulling tubes and watching Dawson get drunk as a skunk as his birthday party while stuck in a rut of self-loathing and personal hatred, he shouts verbal jabs and insults at his family and friends. Dawson the bad drunk? Yes, too bad y'all missed it! He even made Joey cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment