Thursday, April 17, 2003

Thursday Thoughts...

Weather?... It was 80 degrees yesterday, it's 40 degrees today. That's a 50% reduction in air tempature. I didn't have to go to Harvard to figure that one out. I have been sick ever since I woke up in Atlantic City on Sunday. I have been fighting a combination of a cold and allergies (Spring is finally upon us in NYC, we'll not today, but maybe it'll be back... soon!). I felt much better yesterday, but this morning I feel awful. Oh well. Today I have to write and write and write some more. Nothing else is on my agenda.

Poker?... On the advice of my attorney, I was told to limit my gambling exploits on the TAO. Which means I will no longer be specific about my gambling wins and losses (for legal and moral implications). But I will say this... I lost the poker tournament I played in yesterday. I ended my run after I got a Flush on the flop and bet into the hand, putting in all of my chips, only to loose to some guy (who looked like Thurston Howell the 3rd from Gilligan's Island) who was holding a Full House... Aces over Sevens after the last card came out. I was pissed. But I went further than I ever have in a tournament, which was my goal. I made up my expenses later on in the afternoon after I won a couple of dollars playing in a $5-$10 (those are the blinds & max bet... I normally play in the $3-$6 game) for the Texas Hold 'em side game. It was a quick hit and run. I played for an hour and cleaned up! Again I was the youngest person in the tourney and the youngest player at the Poker Room at the Mohegan Sun.

Las Vegas Reprise?... Yes it's true!! I'm going next weekend for three or four days. I want to play in a tournament and play poker at the Mirage! Man I really love Vegas!! I definitely hope to get one or two more Truckin' stories.... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment