Tuesday, May 06, 2003

Cinco De Mayo...

Well yesterday was the 5th of May and I had a perfect excuse to drink early in the morning... only drawing a few looks of contempt and scorn from the unamused uppercrust that frown upon drinking during daylight hours. It wasn't just a national Mexican holiday, but for me, it was a celebration of life and joy and freedom. Who do I know can walk into any bar on a Monday morning and start pounding guilt free? During days like yesterday... I love being a writer!

I started early! I arrived at the Cedar Tavern before 10 AM and I already had half a bag on slurping Screwdrivers before Haley and her friends showed up before noon to drink Mimosa's. I didn't have to drink alone on Cinco de Mayo! After wandering around in a buzzed stupor in Union Sqaure, I rallied to meet up with some old chums at Regis, ex-teammates from our hockey days almost 15 years ago. Drank some more on the West Side before I stumbled home. I should have been working on Truckin' but I'll do that today. New issue is due out this Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment