Sunday, March 06, 2005

Sunday Morning Link Dump & Required Reading

Let's start off with a Grandma named Molly sold pot out of her home. There's even a mugshot of the 78-year old Grandma! Only in West Virginia.

I'm not a fan of Halle Berry, but she won a few points with me for showing up to collect her Razzie for Catwoman! If you don't know awards are given out for utter incompentence in film. Hence the Razzies. Check out Halle Totally Redeems Herself which is a funny read. My favorite part:
"I want to thank Warner Brothers for casting me in this piece of shit," she said as she dragged her agent on stage and warned him "next time read the script first."
The Poker Geek sent me this Pac-Man related comic. Hilarious!

How about more pot-related news blurbs? This article from the Village Voice made me gigle when I read it on the subway earlier this week. It's Just a Book: How a 'pro-marijuana' children's story found its way to Congress. Here's a hit:
Not even the foggiest-headed stoner would argue they want children to smoke pot. (Especially if it means children digging into one's stash.) The challenge is in dissuading kids from doing so without resorting to potentially counterproductive myths and hyperbole.

Enter Ricardo Cortes.

Last month, Cortes published his children's book, It’s Just a Plant, 48 cannabis-laden pages that he hoped would be taken as a welcome dose of "reality-based education."
What is a Sunday morning without a Thomas Friedman op/ed piece in the NY Times? Read Arms Sales Begin at Home.

And in sports new... NY Jets traded Santana Moss for Laverneous Coles. He had 90 catches but only one TD last season.



Lastly, thanks to everyone who told me the news about Katie Holmes breaking her engagement. Since Hunter Thompson died, I was a bit down. This totally gives me hope again. I'm pretty pumped that she dumped that hipster doofus from the American Pie vehicles. Let's face it, he was such a shitty actor that he couldn't even getting asked back for the third installment. Afterall, he's Shemp compared the the Three Stooges ensemble of Jim, Stifler, and my favorite... Finch.

Katie, drop me a line. We'll drink gin and go glacier climbing in Iceland this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment