Tuesday, September 10, 2002

One year later, I must seriously ask myself the question: Are things better? Have I given up a severe chunk of my civil liberties, patience and privacy in order to be a good citizen and follow our politicians and allow them to take us where we want them to? My answer is that I'm cautiously ambivalent. I do not think enough has been done to make our country and my city a safer place to live and alot of energy has been wasted pointing fingers at those to blame domestically and overseas, and the mindless media rallying everyone around the flag without focusing on alot of more serious personal privacy violations and anti-Americana sentiment that is growing out of control, and not enough time has been put into education and understanding and listening to what the people are telling our leaders. I say that the time is now for everyone to contact their leaders: local and national, and voice their opinions about anything and everything, specific to 9.11 to genral terms of societal unhappiness. Unless your thoughts are conveyed into words or your ideas said through a voice, nothing will be done to help get your thoughts, feelings, attitudes and emotions to the people that we elect each year to make serious decisions like what color of alert are we today. So get cracking, start thinking, start writing down those thoughts and questions, and then go get answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment