Wednesday, October 15, 2003

Fast and Furious is an article written by Hunter S. Thompson where he sounds off on football and politics.

Here's a bit: "I take no pleasure in being Right in my dark predictions about the fate of our military intervention in the heart of the Muslim world. It is immensely depressing to me. Nobody likes to be betting against the Home team, no matter how hopeless they are... I have done that, from time to time, and it never fails to leave me feeling guilty and confused, even if I win. Winning is vitally important in the gambling business, but it is better not to publicize your most shameful and predatory bets. How many red-blooded Americans really want to go down in history as having voted for George Bush and Military disaster in 2000?

Not me, bubba -- but I feel the pain, anyway. Any failure of this magnitude is a shared experience, like it or not..."

No comments:

Post a Comment