Saturday, January 24, 2004

NYC Skippy!!

I spent the last three hours hanging out with Skippy and Britt They flew into NYC late last night for the weekend. They met me at my local watering hole, the infamous Cedar Tavern just before noon. I had a couple of pints and caught up with Skippy while we ate lunch.

If some of you do not know... we were freshman hall roommates at Emory in Atlanta in the early 90s. Wow. That was such a long time ago. We were terrible roommates (something we can joke about today) but we had some great times involving plenty of hijinks with some of our fellow dorm mates.

Anyway, I took them to Strand bookstore and we walked through Washington Square Park and I left them on Christopher Street. It was great to see Skippy. The last time was in Atlanta shortly before graduation. Little did we both know... we'd reunite almost ten years later in NYC... both as writers.

The funniest moment was when I had to teach Simanoff how to properly tie a scarf. He lived his adult life in the warmer climates of Gerogia and south Florida, so he's not use to this type of frigid weather. That reminded me of Molly's trip to NYC last February to see Phish. She also had a difficult time tying her scarf! Man oh man... tourists.

No comments:

Post a Comment