FYI... Part II of the Playboy Mansion posts will appear tomorrow.
My flight from LA to Las Vegas took less than 40 minutes. That was sweet, plus I got to fly on JetBlue to add to my frequent flyer miles. I was in Las Vegas less than thirty minutes last night before I bought a matress. I haggled a little bit and scored a nice queen size for Grubby's apartment. He's going to be my roomie during a two month stint at the 2006 World Series of Poker and I had been crashing on an air matress when I've stayed at his place in Henderson (a burb of Vegas). As an insomniac, I need all the help I can get. I decided that after sleeping like a baby at the Borgata... that a comfy bed is what I need. Seriously, if you ever stayed at the Borgata in Atlantic City, you know that their beds are awesome.
Anyway, I gambled until the wee hours and crashed late. Of course the mattress was delivered at 8:20am! I requested before 5pm and never expected such an early delivery. It's nice and somewhat soft. I tried to fall back asleep but gave up and woke up to write.
Before noon, here's what I did...
- Completed one article on Doyle Brunson.
- Made three phone calls.
- Turned down a writing assignment.
- Paid one bill.
- Fixed the code on my blogs.
- Fixed the code on Change100's blog.
- Wrote 2,500 words about being on the Left Coast for 6 weeks.
- Answered 103 pieces of fan/hate mail.
- Booked two rentals cars; one for Vegas at the end of April and an SUV for Bonnaroo.
- Tried to find my buddy BJ... who is AWOL. BJ, if you are reading this... please call me!!
Now, I'm off to the Fiesta Casino because Grubby has an interview there. I might play some poker, but will probably get stoned in the parking lot and pick up 80 year old women at the slot machines.
In the past week, I have been offered jobs with two different magazines, an online poker/casino site, and another poker website. Sweet Jesus... when it rains, it pours. I can't turn down these gigs fast enough. I hope these folks will still offer me jobs in the future when I'm a broke loser...