Sunday, October 27, 2002

The Tampa Tribune's finest writer Dave Simanoff had this to say: "As far as I'm concerned, Project Greenlight doesn't know what it's missing."

Thanks, Dawg. Read the e-mail he just sent me:

Do not obsess on the mindless words of a moronic reviewer who wouldn't
know good work if it bit him or her on the ass.

Pauly, you've done very impressive work here. I'm not saying it's the
best screenplay ever written in the history of filmmaking, but it's a
damn good effort and you should be nothing but proud. I, for one, am
envious of what you have done.

As a writer, you approach projects with fearlessness and optimism.
You're not afraid to take risks. You're not afraid to experiment. These
traits shine through in all your projects -- writing a screenplay on a
nearly impossible deadline, steering your e-stories through the hands
of so many authors, writing and editing Truckin', and on and on.

I am, quite frankly, jealous. Keep in mind that I'm a reporter: I have
made a career out of writing. And never forget that it was you, Pauly,
you inspired me to jump back into the world of creative writing.

My words aren't intended as puffery: do not let them go to your head.
I'm not trying to prop up your ego. I'm just trying to give you a
little perspective in light of your Project Greenlight disappointment.

I hope you blog this on the Tao, and I hope others read it and share
their thoughts about what your writing has meant to them.

In admiration and appreciation,
Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment