Saturday, October 05, 2002

The two day hiatus is over. I had no desire to write or blog or do anything. I am suffering from exhaustion and anxiety over my screenplay, which in my eyes, is sub-standard. I fucked up. Charlie's Goldfish is a great idea, but an average screenplay that will be made into a boring film that no one will go see, because most people that foolishly fork over $10 to be numbed for 2 hours rarely want to see anything else but the same twenty or so good looking people, wearing nice clothes, with hip snazzy background music, and with lots of explosions, kung fu fights, car chases, and recycled montages of things you've seen before, as well as corporate product placements, tits and ass, and lots of foul humor, like kids fucking pies or slurping up semen. Oh well. Such is life in Hollyweird. I had no time to blog. I had to dedicate some serious time to work the last 48 hours, because I don't get paid just to show up, I'm on commission. And alas, I'm back to working 7 days a week again on the trenches of Wall Street, because it's sad to say that the kid with a half shaved head and half green punky hair and 413 piercings through his face, including a bolt the size of a piano leg thru his nose, the "I wanna be a punk, but I'm just a dork from the Iowa cornfields, so I'm moving to NYC to be a poseur" that works at Starbucks is pulling in more money an hour than I do. What the fuck! That makes me want to shoot off my left foot. Can you tell I'm in a pissy mood? Well I am. No sleep, no money, the war drums slowly beat harder, the Yankees lost again, and it dawned on me that there are more reality based TV shows and game shows these days than ever before, and with the advent of cable TV you would think there would be more jobs for TV writers in America, but this is not the case. I know some of you love the Osbournes (I dig it!) and that awful show Survivor or American Idol, but for one second realize that because of those shows, I do not have a job in Hollywood. I am talented enough, and there are a thousand more talented and funny writers out there who are unemployed, but because there is such fierce competition due to lack of opportunity, the jobs in Hollywood are few and far between. Part conspiracy, the backlash of the Writer's Strike from a few years ago. They refuse to pay decent wages to the people who come up with all these great ideas for shows, sitcoms, and films. Now, every retard who gets kicked in the nuts is all of a sudden a major TV star. There was a time when the media applauded good citizens for doing good work. Now if you beat your kid or confess to a rape ten years later, all of a sudden you have your 20 minute segment on all the talk shows. No wonder why America is so fucked up. So next time you have a chance to watch those shows, just remember that the MAN is sucking you into their domain, and giving you FREE ENTERTAINMENT while they are subliminally brainwashing you into the mindless consumer to buy soda, cars, cat food, tampons, fast food, and see that awful formulated watered down film that Reese Witherspoon is getting $67 Billion dollars to star in, all this by NOT EMPLOYING one of your friends. How are you able to sleep at night?? I hope you can live with yourself after knowing that. It makes me depressed beyond all means of my own personal comprehension that someday books will become as obsolete as the Opera and Classical music. That makes me sad. The future for writers grows dimmer ever day. Thank goodness for Ben Affleck and Matt Damon. I know alot of you hate one or both of them, but if they didn't give back to the artistic community, then there would be no forum for unpublished writers. For that I am grateful for the opportunity to participate in their contest, solely for the benefit of the possibility of breaking into the toughest business in the history of history. Oh well. I guess in the end no one really cares about good literature these days. Kids don't grow up wanting to be the next Shakespeare or Mozart. They wanna be like Justin and Britney clones and Anna Nicole Smith and fuck old guys for billions of dollars, then act like a complete mook for their reality TV show. Lazy retards. Now I understand why certain old people over the age of 65 give me this look like, "I'm outta here. Good luck. You're gonna need it."

That's it, I'm done. Get the fuck outta my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment