Sunday, August 01, 2004

The Dead, Great Woods Night 2


Phil Lesh and Bob Weir at Great Woods

The Dead, 7.31.04 Great Woods, MA

Set 1: Jam> Jack Straw> Dark Star(v1)> All That We Are> Little Red Rooster, Stagger Lee, Cosmic Charlie, She Said She Said, Althea, Cassidy

Set 2: Looks Like Rain, Lost Sailor> Saint Of Circumstance> Only The Strange Remain> Drumz/Space> Stella Blue> Mason's Children> Standing On The Moon, Dark Star(v2)> Cassidy Reprise> One More Saturday Night

Encore: Johnny B Goode

The Friday night show was off the hook. I can't recall a stronger setlist on paper. That's the type of show I'd cut off both my nuts to see the Grateful Dead perform back in the 1970s. Talk about epic. What could they play on the Saturday that they didn't play Friday? Obviously, my expectations were very low for the Saturday show. We had average seats and yeah, I was behind enemy lines in Red Sox nation, catching snippets of conversations about the Sox new trade, shipping No-mahhh to the Cubs.

Some 45 year old fat biker chick knocked over my beer. The Red Hook was $7.50 at that and I only drank about 1/3 of it when she came barreling through my aisle. Think Monica Lewinsky in Daisy Duke jeans shorts with a black leather tank top. Her shit was spilling out all over the place.

I was pretty lit up in the middle of the first set. I scored some Molly from a Phishy chick as I was about to walk into the venue. Senor sold his extra for almost face value.

The Boston Dead crowd was pretty cool and mellow. Most crowds at Dead shows are. More to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment