Monday, August 02, 2004

Wave That Flag, A Grateful Weekend with Senor

Well I'm back after an interesting and fun wekeend. I love following The Dead. They're the band that started it all. And they still can bring it. Sure the scene is much more mellower these days, but think of all those bands that came along over the years... and despite disputes, deaths, and drug addiction... The Dead are still playing three hours every night... with thousands of other bands a mere afterthought. Who would have thought that Phish would hang it up before The Dead?

The ride up was an adventure. Trips on Greyhound always are. You get what you pay for. I got stuck in front of the most annoying couple of old people on the planet. I had my CD player jacked up on high, and it still could not drown out the incessant chatter from the first old lady I met who I actually wanted to strangle without a shred of guilt. I wanted to shove her yapping head into the toilet in the back, with that blue antiseptic that masks the stench of urine and shit. She kept waking up her husband who would doze off. When he was awake, she would shout her coversations because he was almost deaf. It was not pretty getting caught in I-95 Summer traffic and I had lost all my patience.

After the show, we cruised down Thayer Street near Brown and grabbed a few slices at a pizza place packed with plenty of young women... some still in high school and the rest were coeds.

Senor and Jodd woke me up this morning. The little kid is getting bigger everytime I see him. He's crawling now.

I'll be back in Providence in a little over a week. Senor and I are going to the first night of Phish at Great Woods... which is less than a half hour from his house.

No comments:

Post a Comment