Friday, March 05, 2004

The Baby & Winky Movie: Excerpt #2

I posted another excerpt from my latest screenplay to my Baby & Winky blog. Take a peek at one of my favorite scenes.

INT. BABY & WINKY'S APARTMENT - TWO DAYS LATER

Baby & Winky's basement apartment in the Big Red House is fairly large, but unfurnished. They sit in a well-lit living room. Off to the right side is their bedroom that is connected to the living room with two huge French doors. A small kitchen snuggles off to the left. The windows wrap around most of the living room, which provides a more light.

Winky sits on the couch with his wrist wrapped up in bandages. Baby is playing with two new cats.
BABY
I want to name them Baby and Winky.

WINKY
I have to veto those idiotic names. Who the fuck names their pets after themselves?

BABY
People name their kids after themselves all the time. Didn't they name you after your daddy? I'm pretty sure that his name is Winky and that's why you're Winky, Jr.!

WINKY
How many times do I have to tell you? My father's name was not Winky. The kids in the neighborhood made up that awful nickname. They called him that when he had to walk around with an eye patch after my Mom stabbed him in his left eye with a salad fork when we ate at Sizzler. That's when they called me Winky Junior. It's not the same thing Baby. We're not naming the cats after us. That's final.

BABY
Well Winky, Jr. what should we call the cats then?

WINKY
How about this. We'll compromise. I'll pick one name and you'll pick the other.

BABY
Great. I pick Winky!
Baby scoops up one of her Siamese cats and hugs it.
BABY
Winky, say hello to Winky!

No comments:

Post a Comment