Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Monday Night Yankees Game

Nicky bought me Yankees tickets for Christmas. Perfect gift. With my hectic travel schedule, she took a guess when I'd be free and picked out May 7th. Lucky for me her gamble paid off and I was going to be home that day.

Derek and I headed to the game which ended up in a Mariners win. They came from behind to beat the Yankees 3-2 after blowing the lead. Despite a great performance out of rookie Matt DeSalvo, the bullpen let the Yanks down while Chef Farnsworth and Mo Rivera gave up runs in the 8th and the 9th as the Yanks pissed away a 2-1 lead late in the game.

ARod sucked goose testicles as well. He struck out with a runner in score position and also hit into a DP with two runners on. Good job.

Anyway, we had pretty good seats and I was too lazy to walk around. I took the majority of the pics from my seat. I refused to drink Bud or Coors, so I opted for Michelob Amber Bock which cost me $9. The Heineken drafts were $10.

Here are some pics from the game (click on the pics to see an enlarged view):


The view from my seat


The bleachers filling up


Monument Park in the distance


That's the same spot where Babe Ruth used to stand




The Action...


Italian sausages and hot dogs on the grill


Foot long hot dog = $6


2-2 count for Jeter


Joe D and Mickey Mantle used to play out there...


Cotton Candy Man



No comments:

Post a Comment