Tuesday, August 27, 2002

Addiction: Bad Reality TV

Ever since FOX cancelled my favorite TV show Dark Angel I have been flipping the channels aimlessly looking for something new to get hooked on. In the recent weeks, I have found myself watching Sorority Life on MTV (Monday Nights at 10:30pm EST). At first, I was enraged and hated everyone on the show, but in the last few weeks, I have warmed up to the girls at UC-Davis, especially Jordan (a.k.a the Hot One, the girl that the rest of the pledges and sisters are madly jealous at).

Now, I must admit: My name is McGrupp and I'm a Sorority Life-a-holic. In case you are out of the loop. Here's what has been going on:

In last week's episode: Sigma Alpha Epsilon Pi holds a formal dance in San Francisco, which all of the girls attend. Bad impressions are left, however, when Mara and Jordan and their dates leave the event early AND insist in switching hotel rooms; and when a sunglasses clad and drunken Candace and Amanda and their dates leave---and then return, the sisters get irked. The highlight was when Jordan and her date ditched the formal and went to a strip bar. Jordan Crying Count: 1

In last night's new episode: The sisters are super pissed at the pledges for their disruptive and disrespectful behavior at formal and are threatening to kick the girls out of Sigma. While this is going on, Jordan's grandmother passes away and she is in the middle of dealing with a family crisis AND getting grief from pissed off, catty, snippy sisters. Jordan Crying Count: 3 times

Next week? What will happen? Will the girls get the boot? Or will they stick it to Sigma and quit before that happens. Tune in to find out. Oh by the way, if anyone gets me Jordan's cell phone number, I will give you a Pauly Painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment