Friday, May 02, 2003

Yankees...

I just got home. I went to Yankee Stadium to see the Yankees beat the Seattle Mariners 2-1. The crowd was filled with many Japanese baseball fans. The Mariners are in town and with their star player Ichiro Suzuki playing, the Japanese media has been hyping up these games between Japan's top two players: Ichiro and the Yankees rookie Hideki Matsui. It was my first Yankees game this season. Derek's boss gave him tickets at the last minute and I met him at the Stadium. We had decent seats on the left field line (for $35) and a free pass to the Pinstripe Pub to eat dinner and have drinks before the game. I pigged out. I ate chicken fingers, cheese fries and 2 hot dogs over the course of the game. Beers cost $6.75 (Budweiser) if you wait in line and $7.50 (Miller Lite) if the vendors come to you. Behind strong pitching from Mike Mussina and solo homeruns from Soriano and Posada, the Yankees prevailed.

No comments:

Post a Comment