Wednesday, August 06, 2003

Vegas Cabbies

Zobo sent me this comment: 'Dude, I swear I had the same cabbie in Vegas about two years ago. We were there one weekend in April and it was rainy and nasty the entire weekend. When we took a cab to the airport on Sunday morning, we also had a cabbie who I still do not know if it was a male or a female. The weather had finally improved and I said "Wow, you are lucky to get some nice weather now" and its response was something like, "I fucking hate it when it is sunny outside. I love it when it is raining and dark outside and I'd appreciate it if you stopped talking to me." EVIL!!!!'

Zobo is talking about the following passage I wrote in a post about my first week on the road... here's a bit (P.S. I like quote myself!): "We had another cabbie who's sex I'm still trying to figure out. It was one of those maybe a guy-maybe a woman persons... just like Pat! He/she looked like Oliver, the wacky younger cousin with a blonde butt-haircut and wire rimmed glasses who joined the cast of the Brady Bunch late in it's run on TV. Anyway, the he/she was bitching about how slow and rough the summer has been in Vegas. But she/he also shared my disdain for California drivers. "They're the fuckin' worst," I told Oliver as I handed him/her a nice tip." from 7.16.03

No comments:

Post a Comment